In the event of bad weather it is always the school’s priority to remain open and as such our caretaker will work hard to ensure the site is both accessible and safe. However when weather conditions are so severe the decision to close the school either before or during the school day will be made by the Head Teacher in consultation with the caretaker, or in his absence a member of the senior staff.
The school will only be closed if one or more of the following conditions apply:
1. Insufficient staff are able to come in to keep the school running safely.
2. Conditions on site are dangerous
3. Conditions are considered to be or are anticipated to later become too hazardous for travel.
Our aim is to avoid, as far as possible, any uncertainty and confusion in the event of a possible school closure. We believe that the best way to do this is to communicate as fully as possible with our parents.
SCHOOL CLOSURE OWING TO SNOW OVERNIGHT
If the school is to close:
- A notice will be placed on the school website and social media platforms
- Parents will receive an email or a text
- Local radio stations will be informed and should relay information and often enter details on their website eg Radio Tees 95fm
SCHOOL CLOSURE OWING TO HEAVY SNOWFALL DURING THE SCHOOL DAY
If heavy snow falls during the day we may need to close the school early.
- If this is to happen an email or text will be sent to all parents to notify them and ask them to collect their children.
- Members of staff will remain children until arrangements can be made for the collection of children.