We have a number of Pupil Voice groups within school and are constantly seeking the views of our children to contribute to school improvement.
Below are some of the groups who all actively lead school improvement:
- School Council: Meet monthly according to agreed timetable promoting in class and across the school various aspects of British Values such as individual liberty, mutual respect, tolerance and rule of law.
- Friendship Builders: Year 5 children act as friends to all children, particularly younger children, encouraging fair play and good behaviour.
- Sports leaders: Year 5 children lead games for younger children in a fun and creative way each lunchtime.
- House Captains: Elected Year 6 House Captains lead weekly celebration House meetings and act as a role model to younger children.
- Mini-Vinnies: This elected group of enthusiastic and conscientious volunteers work hard in school to ‘turn concern into action’. They support the parish SVP group wherever possible. They meet throughout the year to say prayers, write letters , make cards and organise special events.
- Pupil Discussion groups: Each week randomly selected children (Year 1-6) meet with the Headteacher or Deputy Head Teacher to discuss key areas of school improvement and seek the views of children across the school.
- Webwatchers: A group of Y5 volunteers regularly meet to update the Class pages on the school website to keep parents fully informed of the latest events occurring across the school.