As a Catholic School we believe in sharing our faith with one another, our families, our community, our parish and our world by living out our school mission: ‘Love, Live, laugh learn.’
Our chaplaincy team is a small group of our teachers, pupils, governors, parents and parishioners. Our school chaplain is Mrs Laura Cutler, a school Foundation Governor and parent.
Pupils meet each week to pray and plan for liturgical services, mass, charity events and everything else that is going on in our school, community and world.
We try to make sure our school environment shows clearly our catholic identity and our prayer spaces are very special to us.
We have our ‘Rainbow Room’ which is used for personal prayer and individual support whether that is educational, personal or spiritual.
Our ‘Prayer Room’ is used mainly for class and group worship. Lots of our liturgical resources are kept here so that classes can access them easily. Our pupil chaplaincy team decided upon the name ‘The Oratory’ meaning ‘small chapel’
Our class prayer spaces are used each day as a way to pray together and a visible reminder of our Faith and actions in the classroom.
- Please find below our School Chaplaincy Handbook which outlines the Catholic life of our school.
- Please also find attached our SBC (St Bernadette’s Chaplaincy) Newsletters produced by our Chaplain and Governor, Mrs Cutler.
- SBC Chaplaincy News 20.05.20.pdf pdf1.6 MbMay 20th, 2020
- SBC Chaplaincy Newsletter 13.05.20.pdf pdf1.0 MbMay 13th, 2020
- SBC Chaplaincy Newsletter 06.05.20.pdf pdf956.4 KbMay 6th, 2020
- SBC Chaplaincy Newsletter 29.04.20.pdf pdf835.5 KbApr 29th, 2020
- SBC Chaplaincy Newsletter 2.pdf pdf407.4 KbApr 22nd, 2020
- SBC Chaplaincy newsletter 08.04.20.pdf pdf738.1 KbApr 8th, 2020
- Handbook.docx.pdf pdf554.2 KbDec 2nd, 2019