We have the children’s welfare at the heart of all our actions and should a member of staff have cause to be concerned that a child may be subject to ill-treatment, neglect or other forms of abuse, staff will inform the Designated Person within the school and established Child Protection Procedures will be followed.
The Local Management Board (Governing Body) have established stringent and far reaching safeguarding procedures when recruiting and appointing staff. All new members of staff and regular volunteers are subject to enhanced Criminal Record Bureau checks.
All staff have received, read and agreed to comply with the procedures set out in St Bernadette’s Safeguarding and Child Protection policy. They have also all read and understand the DfE’s statutory safeguarding guidance on Keeping children Safe in Education.
Our designated school lead is Mr P Conway (Headteacher) and we have two deputy safeguarding leads Miss S Brady (Acting Head of School) and Mrs L Pennick (SENDCo and Pastoral lead).
Our child Protection and safeguarding policies can be found on our policies page
Operation Encompass is the implementation of key partnership working between Cleveland Police, Local Authorities and nominated ‘Key Adults’ in schools. It aims to address an identified shortcoming in the early sharing of information with schools to enable the provision of timely care and support for the innocent and often silent victims of domestic abuse – the children.
This initiative has been launched across Middlesbrough and Redcar and Cleveland in October 2015.
If you would like some more information about how Operation Encompass operates and the benefits of it please read the attached letter or you can view online at: https://www.cleveland.police.uk/advice-information/OperationEncompass.aspx
Below are a collection of links for advice for parents & carers relating to cyber crime:
- https://nerccu.police.uk/ This is the website for the North East Cyber Crime Unit which encompasses Cleveland, Durham, Northumbria and the Regional Crime Team (NERSOU)
- https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/ The National Cyber Security Centre – lots of useful information for individuals and businesses around cyber security.
- https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/ The National Fraud & Cyber Crime reporting centre – there is a 24 hour reporting line for live cyber crimes to get assistance to businesses immediately as well as a number of resources around crime prevention.
- https://www.getsafeonline.org/ Get Safe Online offers fantastic resources for families and partner agencies looking at staying safe online and fraud awareness.
- NCA website Cyber Choices: Helping you choose the right and legal path – National Crime Agency
- If you would like further information or education/support re cybercrime please contact a member of the Cleveland Police Cyber Crime Team (01642) 306852 or via email [email protected]