We are very lucky at St. Bernadette’s to have the support of a very committed and dedicated group of people as our Governors.
Governor roles and responsibilities are reviewed annually at our first LMB of the academic year.
Chair of Governors: Mrs M Bilous (Foundation Governor)
Vice Chair: Mike Wren (Foundation Governor)
Foundation Governors: Mr P Benfield; Mrs L Cutler, Mr M Wren, Mr N Kane
Parent Governors: Mr J Willett and Mr S Finn
Staff Governor: Mrs L Cuff
Governors with monitoring roles linked to School Improvement Plan
Each year Governors are assigned to aspects of the School Improvement Plan. Throughout the year they come to school to support, monitor and challenge how the school is developing against the annual priorities within the plan.
The Governors have areas of responsibility as follows:
- Leadership and Management: Mrs M Bilous
- Safeguarding: Mrs L Cutler
- Quality of Education: Mr P Benfield (Maths/English/Science) and Mr N Kane (Foundation subjects)
- Religious Education and Catholic Life of the School: Mrs L Cutler
- Sex & Relationships Education: Mrs L Cutler
- Personal Development: Mr M Wren
- Behaviour and attitudes: Mr M Wren
- Special Educational Needs: Mr S Finn
- Pupil Premium and Sports Premium: Mr J Willett
- Early Years: Mr N Kane
- Website: Mr J Willett
- Safer recruitment: Mrs M Bilous
- Mrs M Bilous, our Chair of Governors, liaises with the Trust central team to support Governor Induction; Health & Safety & Risk Management; Appraisal; Appeals and Concerns.
The full Local Management Board meet each term with a focus on Finance and Raising Achievement.
Our meetings this academic year are: Thursday 9th December 2021; Thursday 24th March 2022 and Thursday 7th July 2022 at 6pm.
Governors are appointed for a term of four years, this term is renewable. Foundation Governors are appointed by the Diocese, not individual schools. Parent Governors are elected every 4 years – any school parent can put themselves forward for election. Staff governors are elected from the staff team every four years.
In the last 3 years, 4 Governors have left or retired from their posts held within the LMB:
- Mr John Shiel retired (Foundation Governor 2008-2021)
- Mrs Louise Brady retired (Foundation Governor 2017-2021)
- Mr Paul Mullins left at end of term of office (initially as a Parent Governor and then as a Foundation Governor 2012-2020)
- Mrs Juliette Scott left (Parent Governor 2016-2019)